Tuesday 29 July 2014

Sony Xperia


FULL REVIEW WHEN I GET IT BACK - ITS BROKEN DOWN AND BEING SENT FOR REPAIR




I have been using the Z2 for about 2 months and thought it was about time to let my thoughts be known.

Why the Z2? - I Had the Samsung Note and it was time for an upgrade.
Having recently changed my job and with all the lifestyle changes my requirements for a phone had changed, top of my list was any phone needed to be water and more importantly dust resistant. this limited my choices to about 3 phones - The Sony Z1, The Sony Z2 and the Galaxy S5, My wife had a Z1 and as chance would have it my work colleague had just taken delivery of a new S5, Both were willing to let me have a play, Going from my Note I immediately felt at home with the S5, and this was the problem, if I was changing phone I wanted it to feel different, even though the OS went from jelly bean to kitkat, Samsungs touchwiz made the phone feel identical just a little faster.
The Z1, although still Android Jelly Bean, felt different with Sonys enhancements not as evident as touchwiz, my only dislike was the screen looked very yellow after the over saturated colours of the Samsung.
So Why the Z2? - The Z2 was new with a faster processor, more memory, 4k video recording and an improved screen.

The first big noticeable difference between the Z2 and any other phone I have use recently is the incredible battery life, this is further enhanced by Sony's stamina mode, this basically switches the phone off when the screen is off, apps can be added to the exception window which will keep the running in the back ground, ie messaging apps. I can now do an early shift at work, getting up at 4 am and still have 70% battery when I go to bed, my Note was lucky to last till luch time.

The screen - even with the improvements over the Z1 I think the Samsungs still win on the screen front, their colours and more importantly their blacks are better, clearer and more vibrant. That said the Sony is still one of the best screens out there, running rings around I phone, htc and nokia screens.

The Speed - Even when loaded up with all my app's most of which are not used or indeed not necessary there is absolutely no lag, the touch screen response is fantastic.

The Camera -




No comments:

Post a Comment