Sunday 18 May 2014

Kick Start

This week I have decided to kick start my fitness training, I have been eating well, (mostly, a carrot cake did find it's way into my diet - Carrot cake is my kryptonite) I managed to cycle to work for 4 days out of 5, I could manage all week but need the car straight from work on a Friday.
On Thursday this week I took delivery of a Sony smart band, which when paired with my new Z2, logs every movement and sleep pattern, it makes quite interesting reading, I don't get anywhere near enough sleep. review to follow once I have got the hang of it.
I have also entered a race, which gives me 4 weeks to learn how to run ! I have found a training plan that aims to get the average person running 5K after 4 weeks, so tomorrow morning I begin the program. This will fit in nicely with my work schedule as I am on late shift for the next two week and don't need to be at work till midday.
I am not worried about the cardio side of the training it is more the running part, I haven't run for the best part of 30 years. Time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment