Wednesday 25 September 2013

When is Enough, Enough ??

When I first started my journey, I didn't have any idea where my final destination was going to be, but for any journey to start you at least need a direction and moving forwards is better than sitting still whilst you make up your mind where to go.



How did I get set my first heading ?

I looked at the BMI charts and seeing as my BMI was 32.5 i was officially obese 240 lbs and the middle of the health range was 160 lbs, i remember thinking to myself Not a Chance in Hell !! I'm only just overweight so there is no way i can lose 80 lbs.
We had some Body fat scales at home so i decided that was the way to go, with a body fat level of 34% and the healthy range starting at 25% that seemed like an barely achievable target of 190 lbs.
So my destination was set and my journey was underway.

The road is a long, hilly and difficult, hell if it was easy we would all look like movie stars right?
As the weeks went by I could see the end getting closer and my journey nearing its destination.
I reached 190lb and by body fat target of 25% my bmi was down to  25.8 so I was still in the overweight section but only just and muscle weighs more than fat so I'm ok or at least i thought, But was i happy ? well in one way YES, i reached my goal and looked and felt great, my energy was up my blood pressure down, life was more enjoyable, the comments from friends and colleagues (especially those who hadn't seen me in a while ) put me on a real high, I felt amazing (helped by giving up smoking somewhere in the middle ), and i want to share in fact its why i started this blog! I was losing weight and getting fit by doing something i enjoy, but in the back of my mind and in front of the mirror, i want more (or less depending on your perception).
i sat down and re evaluated my destination and i am currently working towards a weight of 168 lbs which will give me a body fat target of 15% ish and a bmi of 22.5 so maybe that original bmi target that i thought was the most unrealistic target wasn't actually that far off.
The problem i have is what happens when i get there ? when i have reached my second destination will i still look in the mirror and pinch more than an inch and think to myself Just a few more pounds ?



No comments:

Post a Comment