Wednesday 11 September 2013

Late Ride


Tuesday night and dinner's out of the way, Shiralee (my wife) asks "are you not going for a ride tonight ?" I don't need asking twice, I'm kitted up and ready to go, Daniel is ready to go almost as quickly, I feel like a change of scenery, we head out towards Nailsworth along the cycle track, we reach Nailsworth and turn round, what next ? I know, Woodchester Park ! we head into the park and completely miss the no cycling sign (haha yeah right ) Woodchester park is beautiful and I would recommend a walk (or crafty cycle) to anyone looking for a relaxing afternoon.
We enter the woods and the climb is getting quite steep, as we emerge from the wood darkness has fallen and we are both totally unprepared, no lights on either bike. this could be fun !
a slow ride home staying off the main roads and sticking to foot paths where we can, we arrive home at 10.20 in complete darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment