Sunday 15 September 2013

Fruit Oat Bars

For a healthy snack with no added sugar try these.


Ingredients.

2 Bananas
1/3 cup of apple sauce
3 cups oats
1/2 cup of Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon


Method

peal and mash the bananas, add all the other ingredients and mix well
if the mixture is too wet add a few more oats.

place the mixture on an oven tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 f  for 15-20 minutes.

cut the cooked mixture into bite sized bars whilst still hot.

Remove from oven and allow to cool, then Enjoy.

Now the taste test.

My two youngest children (Caleb 7 and Ethan 5 ) are my chief taste testers.
 they loved the bars, asking for another as soon as they finished the first.

My children don't like raisins or sultanas so I didn't add any, but I will try with other dried fruits next time I cook them.

No comments:

Post a Comment